- Fan Phenomena: Jane Austen
- Blogging Braddon 4: Titillation and Tactility in the ‘Tally-HO’ Letter from John Gilby to Mary Braddon (1860)
- Blogging Braddon 3: ‘Dear Boss’, how many roads must an archival researcher travel?
- BLOGGING BRADDON: 2 Just when you think you know stuff, life is still full of surprises …
- Blogging Braddon: 1 The transfer of the Braddon archive to Canterbury Christ Church University
National Theatre… on KING LEAR LIVE An outline of t… Around and Around an… on Mr Darcy: Marketing the charac… gabymalcolm on BLOGGING BRADDON: 2 Just when… Gavin H. Thomas on BLOGGING BRADDON: 2 Just when… gabymalcolm on Blogging Braddon: 1 The transf…
Monthly Archives: February 2011
NT Live: Donmar Warehouse, Convent Garden, London & Bath Little Cinema, Bath, UK 3rd February 2011 Audience anticipating a 19.00 start but the time dragged on Curtains opened and onscreen were scrolling images of the sponsor Aviva Insurance and … Continue reading
The joint submission from myself and Dr Kelli Marshall for the PCA/ACA Shakespeare on Film and TV panel 2011. Please follow the link for the full proposal and original call for papers. Watch this space for updates, notes and commentary … Continue reading
A mature captain, corrupted by a young harridan: Macbeth on the BBC and PBS, directed by Rupert Goold.
Rupert Goold’s version of Shakespeare’s tragedy was filmed for broadcast in Britain and America in 2009/10, based upon the successful stage production first seen at the Chicester Festival, England, in 2007. Subsequently it moved to the Gielgud Theatre in London … Continue reading